1. Help reduce malnutrition in the families of the most vulnerable women, children and people with HIV/AIDS.
– Purchase and distribute 800 village chickens (600 hens, 200 roosters) to 200 chicken-less households.
– Targeted households comprise of women, orphans and vulnerable children, and HIV/AIDS affected people.
– Beneficiaries receive training on how to:
o build chicken houses,
o use local feed
o control ND and other chicken related diseases
o monitor and evaluate vaccination campaigns
2. Train community vaccinators against ND.
– 36 community vaccinators (50% women 50% men) trained in ND control and implementation of ND vaccination campaigns.
– Community vaccinators selected in collaboration with District Services of Economic Activities.
3. Implement vaccination campaigns.
– Three vaccination campaigns carried out each year.
– Campaigns publicised in the meetings with village leaders and the communities.