Resolving your privacy issues
- At Kyeema Foundation we value the contribution our supporters to make to our work, so if you have a complaint please let us know. We will do our best to address and resolve any issues you have. If you have any questions, comments or concerns about our privacy practices or what is explained here, please contact us using the heading “Privacy”. Where you ask for a response, you can expect to hear from us within 7 days.
- Here’s how to get in touch:
Seeing and updating your information
- If at any time you want to know what personal information we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com
- If you wish to have your personal information deleted, we will take reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal, auditing or internal risk management reasons.
Collecting your information
- We collect information about you from you and with your knowledge where we can. You might:
- Call us
- Send us photos or recordings
- Contact us by email or social media
- Fill out a form online
- We need certain information to meet your expectations as a supporter; we can’t give you a tax receipt or send you information about our projects if we don’t have your name and email address.
- Your payment card details are handled by Stripe. You can view their privacy statement here
Using and sharing your information
- We will use your information as you would expect. If you are a supporter – to process your donations, newsletter subscriptions, change of details – and to tell you about our work.
- We do not rent, sell or exchange your information without your consent.
- We may have to disclose your information under the Australian Privacy Principles if it is required to prevent serious and imminent threat to life, health or safety.
Keeping your information safe
- Our website uses secure response forms when we ask for your personal and payment card details. We do not keep payment card details. Your payment card details are handled by Stripe. You can view their privacy statement here
- We commit to de-identify or destroy your information where we no longer need to keep it.
- Our employees and service providers are expected to keep personal and payment card information confidential and secure.