Our CEO is covering 317km, in 7 days to raise $7000 for KYEEMA!
When? From 25th February – 3rd March 2018 , join us for the event on Facebook @kyeemadawn.
Where? From the base of New Zealand’s highest mountain to the shores of the Pacific at: https://www.alps2oceanultra.com/
Our CEO Celia Grenning is a little bit crazy! “Kuku” some would say! She will be walking/running the Alps to Ocean Ultra, starting this February the 25th, over 7 days to raise funds for our village poultry project in Mozambique.
How exactly will the money be spent?
With our target of $7,000, we will help around 220 poorer families to become more food secure and improve their livelihoods by increasing the availability of 1) vital protein from chicken meat and eggs and 2) extra household income from chicken and egg sales, which can be spent on more diverse food and other immediate needs like medicines and school fees.
Specifically we will:
- Purchase local breed chickens to supply households without chickens.
- Target households comprising of women, orphans and vulnerable children, and HIV and AIDS affected people.
- Train beneficiaries on how to build chicken houses, use local feed, and basic disease control.
- Train community vaccinators to operate their own small business vaccinating household birds against Newcastle disease – the disease that wipes out flocks every year.
- Implement vaccination campaigns 3 times a year in consultation with vaccinators, district services and community leaders.